Yes, you can be made redundant whilst on shared parental leave. You will have the same redundancy rights as your colleagues.
- You must be offered any suitable alternative vacancy.
- The alternative employment must be offered under a new contract.
- The new contract must begin on the day after the previous contract ends.
- The terms of the new contract must not be substantially less favourable than the previous contract.
- The new role must be suitable for you and appropriate for you to do in the circumstances.
- Where a suitable vacancy exists and is not offered, dismissal will be automatically unfair.
Last Updated: [08/09/2022]