Report personal injury
Report your workplace injury or illness to your employer immediately. Check your employment contract to see what it says about sick pay. In any event you are entitled to Statutory Sick Pay (SSP) after you’ve been off work for 4 consecutive days.
Report your workplace injury or illness to Jobcentre Plus.
You may be entitled to these benefits;
- Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit (IIDB)
- Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
- Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
- Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Universal Credit
- NHS Injury Benefits Scheme
- Civil Service Pensions Injury Benefits Scheme (CSPIBS)
You can claim these benefits and still make a personal injury claim. When you have won your claim, some of the benefits paid may be deducted from your claim.
Road Traffic Accidents
If you’ve had a minor injury as a driver or passenger in a road traffic accident and it wasn’t your fault, you may be able to claim compensation using the Official Injury Claim Service for free and without legal help.
What You Must Prove
There are a few things that you must prove to be successful;
- You must first identify that there is a person, company or organisation to make the claim against.
- You must show that the person, company or organisation owed you a duty of care to avoid your accident and injury, and could have taken steps to avoid the situation.
- You must show that your injury was caused by the failure of the responsible person or organisation to take reasonable steps to avoid causing your accident or injury.
Last Updated: [11/08/2022]