Application for further and better particulars
When to use the application for additional information or further and better particulars ?
The application for additional information or further and better particulars is an Employment Tribunal procedure for requesting additional information from your employer about their defence of your claim. Use this template to obtain further information in support of your case from your Employer. The template refers to the correct employment tribunal rules of procedure and is framed to help you get the information you need from the other side.
For more detailed guidance see Getting information from the other side (disclosure)
How to use the application for further and better particulars template
- Make sure to read the guidance that comes with the template before you complete it.
- Email your application to the employment tribunal with the subject, your case name and number on the subject line.
- Send a copy to the other side and let the employment tribunal know that you have copied them in.
- The employment tribunal will acknowledge receipt immediately, but you must wait for a letter or email that confirms whether or not your application for further and better particulars/additional information has been granted.
- Follow up by email if you have not heard from the employment tribunal within a reasonable period after sending your application. If you follow up by phone, still send an email reiterating that you have followed up by phone.