Application to amend your claim
When to use the application to amend claim template?
If you have made a mistake in your ET1 claim, not added enough details or not made clear the types of claim you wanted to make, you can apply to the Employment Tribunal to amend your claim. You can avoid this by using the ET Case Writer. In using the amendment process, you are asking the Employment Tribunal to allow you to go back and change the contents of your ET1 claim form. The Employment Tribunal has rules about when an amendment will be allowed. These rules are covered in the template application to amend your claim.
How to use the application to amend claim template
- Make sure to read the guidance that comes with the template before you complete it.
- Email your application to the employment tribunal with the subject, your case name and number on the subject line.
- Send a copy to the other side and let the employment tribunal know that you have copied them in.
- The employment tribunal will acknowledge receipt immediately, but you must wait for a letter or email that confirms whether or not your application to amend your claim has been granted.
- Follow up by email if you have not heard from the employment tribunal within a reasonable period after sending your application. If you follow up by phone, still send an email reiterating that you have followed up by phone.