How to safely end (withdraw) your Employment Tribunal claim
Why you need the guidance and template on how to withdraw your claim
You can withdraw all or part of your claim during Employment Tribunal Proceedings. You must let the Employment Tribunal know at the earliest possible moment and confirm this in writing by submitting this Notice to withdraw all or part of your claim. This guidance and template refers to the correct legal rules and is framed to help you construct your notice so as not to get a costs order awarded against you.
How to use the guidance and template
- Make sure to read the guidance that comes with the template before you complete it.
- Email your notice to the employment tribunal with the subject, your case name and number on the subject line.
- Send a copy to the other side and let the employment tribunal know that you have copied them in.
- The employment tribunal will acknowledge receipt immediately, but you must wait for a letter or email of confirmation.
- Follow up by email if you have not heard from the employment tribunal within a reasonable period after sending your notice. If you follow up by phone, still send an email reiterating that you have followed up by phone.